This program is sponsored by the Behavioral Health Administration and is offered through the Allegany County Mental Health Systemís Office (CSA), a division of the Allegany County Health Department, in cooperation with the Sheriff and the Allegany County Detention Center. The purpose of the program is to provide comprehensive and coordinated aftercare services to individuals with a serious mental illness or co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorder who are leaving incarceration.
- Individualized assessment.
- Collaborative goal planning.
- Aftercare case management.
- Assistance in transition back into the community upon release.
- Coordination and referral to community-based support services relating to mental health, substance abuse, medical, education, entitlements, housing, and other services.
The mission of the Allegany County New Horizons Re-Entry Program is to reduce subsequent incarcerations and/or hospital admissions for individuals who have a serious mental illness and a recent history of legal involvement.
Below are links for referral forms that are used in the New Horizons Re-Entry Program
Person to Contact for this Program
12501 Willowbrook Road
Cumberland, MD 21502
Phone: (301) 759-5070
Referral Form for Prisons and out-of-area Detention Centers- pdf word
Referral Form for Community Providers - pdf